Creamiest Tomato Soup
Goat cheese adds extra creaminess to this fresh tomato soup.
2 Tbsp Butter
1 medium Onion, chopped
3 large cloves Garlic, minced
6 cups fresh Tomatoes, peeled* and chopped
1 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp Chili flakes
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 Tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Salt and fresh ground Pepper
Goat Cheese, crumbled
- In a large pot, melt butter then add onion and garlic. Saute over medium heat until soft.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth and chili flakes to onion and garlic. Heat to boiling then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Add cream and fresh herbs. Heat until warmed through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with goat cheese before serving.
You can reduce the richness of the soup by using less heavy cream or substituting cereal cream.
The goat cheese also adds richness and can be omitted.
* To peel tomatoes, add whole tomatoes to a large pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl of very cold water. Skins should remove easily.