Name: Tuna, Bacon & Tomato Kebabs
Delicious and healthy kebabs. Firm when ripe, Zebra tomatoes are great grilled on a stick
because they hold their shape better than say, a cherry tomato.
Serves: 4 people
.5 kg tuna fillet, cut into 1-inch squares
16 Zebra tomatoes (from Gull Valley Greenhouses)
8 strips of bacon
Ground black pepper
8 10-inch bamboo skewers
2 Tbsp parsley freshly chopped
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, minced
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
– Soak bamboo skewers at least 1 hour to keep them from burning.
– In a skillet cook bacon over moderate heat until pale golden but still soft and transfer to
paper towels to drain.
– In a medium bowl, add all of the marinade ingredients and stir well.
– Sprinkle or grind black pepper on bacon to taste. Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise.
– Alternately skewer tuna and bacon-wrapped tomatoes.
– Brush kebabs with marinade and broil kebabs in the oven for 3-4 minutes per side or
until tuna is cooked through and opaque.
– Serve kebabs with lemon wedges, on a bed of rice or with a green salad.
Notes:Kebabs can also be grilled on the BBQ.